Breaking News from Coach Don: The Texas Open Swim Meet is now this weekend. Saturday 6/19/21 & Sunday 6/20/21. It is usually the following weekend as planned with the Olympic Swimming and Diving Hall of Fame Tour & SWIM Meet Scheduled. So, 2 options this year! I will be at Both! Option 1. Olympic Swimming and Diving Hall of Fame Tour & SWIM Meet The University of Texas at Austin’s Jamail Texas Swim Center “The Fastest Pool in the World!” https://www.tsc.utexas.edu Friday 06/25/21 1:30pm-3:30pm Option 2. Texas Open Swim Meet Saturday 6/19/21 & Sunday 6/20/21 10am -1:00pm Tour &/ or watch the Swim Meet FYI - Cia M. Crowley will be Swimming Saturday & Sunday - Events TBD!
Welcome to the Canyon Creek Cyclones website. Our goal is to improve swimming skills, increase endurance, and learn water safety all while having a blast!
The best part is we are right here in the neighborhood! Please follow us on Facebook too!
- Registration fees will be collected via Check if you signed up before June 14th. If you are signing up after June 14, registration will be taken online.
- Fees for the 2021 season are $105 for first swimmer, $98 for each additional swimmer. (a tad more this year to cover legal fees in setting the new team up)
- Registration is OPEN
- We will accept the first 80+ swimmers that register
- Additional swimmers will be placed on a wait list (being somewhat flexible depending on age)
Our team practices will occur weekly on Tuesdays and Thursdays from June 8, 2021 to July 8, 2021.
Swimmers will be assigned to specific practice based on a combination of age and skill. Practice times will be scheduled during our Meet the Coach sessions.
- 5:00pm-6:00pm Aqua Splashers (Beginners)
- 6:00pm-7:00pm Aqua Thrashers (Intermediates)
- 7:00pm-8:00pm Aqua Techs (Advanced)
Senior Cyclones - Assistant Coaching Candidates:
- 8:05pm-8:35pm Thursdays only (June 10 - July 8)
IMPORTANT 2021 DATES TO REMEMBER
Meet the Coach & Try-outs
- Tuesday June 8, 2021 4:00-5:00pm (and Thursday June 10 if needed)
Swim Team-ers show up at one of the 3 Team Practice Times according to their AGE/ Skill.
The Swim Team Levels:
- 5:00pm - Aqua Splashers - Youngest & ez-est
- 6:00pm - Aqua Thrashers - Intermediate & more challenging
- 7:00pm - Aqua Techs - Older & more experienced Swimmers & a Workout!
If you have a 5-6 yr old you will bring them to the pool at 5 pm for the try outs. Coach Don will determine the final placement of the swimmer based on his evaluation.
- 25M Choice Swim Required (1 Length of the CCC Pool)
- Saturday June 26, 2021 7am-11am
- Thursday July 8, 2021 4pm-8pm followed by The Award Banquet
American Red Cross “Swim A Cross” Disaster Relief Fundraiser
Tuesday July 6, 2021 5pm-8pm During Practices
- Swim laps for the Red Cross
- Longfellow the Water Safety Whale - sightings at 6pm & 7pm
- Make donations online at www.redcross.org/donate
Olympic Swimming and Diving Hall of Fame Tour & Swim Meet: We have 2 options this year!
- Friday June 25, 2021 12:30pm - 2:30pm
- at the University of Texas at Austin's Jamail Texas Swim Center
- Saturday 6/19/21 & Sunday 6/20/21 10am -1:00pm Tour &/ or watch the Swim Meet
FYI - Cia M. Crowley will be Swimming Saturday & Sunday - Events TBD!
5th Annual Dash & Splash Bi-Athlon & Then Some! Run|Open Water Swim| Water Polo| AQUA Quittich!!! Yes, we have a Snitch!
- Thursday July 1, 2021 5pm- 8pm During Practice
Contact Information: Don Crowley (512) 297-8726
Hip Zoo Rah Zoo!